Womens Health
Severe lower abdominal pains
2 Replies
ronic - December 31

Over the past 3 months I have been experiencing severe lower abdominal pains during my monthly cycle. These pains usually gets extremely worse when I need to have a bowel movement and/or there is gas present (more so when gas is present). The first two months I experienced this pain it went away as soon as my monthly cycle was finished. The third month (January 2009) the pain was even more extreme than the first 2 months and I am still experiencing a mild degree of pain even though my cycle have been finished for almost 2 weeks. It would only get worse when I seem to have gas. I really thought this pain was due to the two fibroids that I have had since 2003. These fibroids grow at a very slow rate but started giving me discomfort (pains, bleeding between cycle) only 3 years now and they have been very mild. Before these fibroids I had 2 cycts which my doctoc got rid of by using medications (birth control). The last time I checked my fibroids was in October 2008 and they were the size of those big marbles, and the doctor said I should not be worried about them. These pains that I am experiencing now gets so bad that I could barely walk when I experience it. Can you please let me know what you think, I am getting very concerned and my doctor don't seem as troubled as I am about it.


muzash - March 29

Hi I think if your worried about it you should go to the hospital because you shouldn't be in this much pain, GP's are extremely good and they know lots of things but you may need to see a specific kind of doctor who's expertise is in this area. Its just a suggestion.


smileanyway - March 30

Ronic, your doctor seems like an idiot. This is your health and your body. If your doctor won't do any further testing then I suggest you go to a different one. I know this is a scary time for you. Take a deep breath. There are a number of things that could be causing your symptoms. But your doc doesn't need to be so lax about it either. If you don't have the time to find another GP then ask your doc to refere you to a GYN. I hope this has helped.



You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Sign Up Here!

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?